at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
25% Under direction, serves as the Data Processing III supervisor of the of the Library Administration and Report Production unit within Enterprise Production Operation Services (EPOS) for the Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT):
- Manages the Library Administration and Report Production unit which includes technical support of computer operations and its integral concepts in a production control environment.
- Reviews and manages the mainframe data processing controls and related documentation.
- Develops and maintains statistical reporting production functions.
- Performs and maintains back-up functions for DoIT system catalogues, production libraries and environments.
- Resolves complex errors and confers with programming/technical support staff to resolve complex technical problems in relation to library/mobius environment.
- Identifies and reports major/critical problems to the manager.
- Trains subordinate staff in resolving time sensitive or complex system operations and the process for diagnosing, locating and analyzing error codes to determine the best course of action necessary for resolution.
- Manages technical duties in conjunction with the development and maintenance of Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures regarding Library functions for DoIT supported agencies.
20% Serves as working supervisor:
- Assigns and reviews work.
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff.
- Counsels staff regarding work performance.
- Reassigns staff to meet day-to-day operating needs.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives.
- Approves time off.
- Conducts, prepares and signs staff performance evaluations.
20% Directs, controls, and maintains total scheduling of the Library Administration production tasks and requests:
- Reviews and verifies execution of jobs and schedules are accurate, in proper sequence and in accordance with production guidelines.
- Reviews and evaluates the efficiency of the unit.
- Manages, reviews, and analyzes the development and implementation of production standards, unit procedures and adherence to individual agency standards for Library environments for DoIT supported agencies.
- Drafts documentation for security changes or procedures and implements changes within required time frame.
- Directs and participates in section projects.
- Submits written reports on project development, analysis and recommendations to management.
15% Performs complex technical production functions:
- Manages and assigns performing functions to staff, within Online View/Report distribution software (such as Mobuis) for the regions supported by DoIT.
- Provides training and assistance to Library/Report staff on Document Direct/Mobius functions which includes initial setup for user direct access, access for printing/viewing of reports and the reprinting of reports.
- Participates as a Document Direct tester for Mobius regions supported.
- Interprets requirements of upgrades and/or new products. and
- Participates in testing exercises, reports findings and provides necessary recommendations to Management.
- Researches and analyzes system outages to determine cause and coordinates and implements corrective measures.
- Manages and coordinates the granting/removal of access to Document Direct regions.
- Monitors tasks and sweeps to ensure they are scheduled accordingly so regions remain operational.
- Works with Production Control and others concerning needs and timing.
- Prepares, monitors and maintains procedural documentation for the Mobius regions supported by DoIT.
- Utilizes automated Job Scheduling software, such as but not limited to CA Scheduler, Library administration, TSO/ISPF and Job Control Language (JCL) in performance of duties.
- Utilizes online View and Report distribution software, such as but not limited to Document Direct/Mobius in performance of duties.
- Serves on call as assigned.
- Works outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
5% Attends and participates in Disaster Recovery meetings, exercises, and discussions:
- Makes necessary recommendations on library procedures to support all current systems supported by DoIT.
- Trains staff in Agency Disaster Recovery procedures in support of all DoIT supported systems which have been identified as critical applications. ;
- Performs maintenance of Disaster Recovery procedural documentation regarding Library functions for DoIT supported agencies.
- As lead participant for Library functions participates in disaster recovery drills/testing exercises for DoIT supported agencies.
- Reviews library environment to ensure it is ready for use in simulated disaster drill for all of the DoIT agencies supported.
- Travels to attend meetings, exercises, etc, when held off-site.
5% Produces and maintains monthly/yearly statistics as a managerial tool to determine areas that could be streamlined:
- Develops and maintains monthly/yearly statistical reports of Library and Report information.
- Compiles information and prepares statistical reports of Library and Document Direct/Mobius online view information for DoIT supported agencies which includes status of libraries, migration of programs, source code, JCL moves performed, and changes performed within Document Direct regions utilized for DoIT supported agencies.
- Prepares and presents information to others with clarity and precision, including status reports of unit activities to Management.
5% Assists other staff in developing internal controls and evaluates operational procedures within the unit.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.