at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30 % Under immediate supervision, serves as a Website Designer assisting in performing professional applications services for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the Capital Development Board (CDB):
- Assists with development, support and maintenance of Database Client/Server and Web applications for the Capital Development Board.
- Performs programming and troubleshooting of programs.
- Completes professional assignments of limited scope, with completed assignments subject to review by a higher-level professional in the assigned area.
- Utilizes Power Platform, SharePoint and/or Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) in performance of duties.
30% Assists with the development of system and program flow charts, program specifications, and control procedures:
- Provides technical support to technical and non-technical staff.
- Contributes to track tasks and projects and monitors progress.
- Plans workload and dependencies.
- Provides status reports to management.
20% Collaborates with systems analysts to define modifications to existing objects and develop logical schemes of existing or new databases:
- Provides assistance in setting up instances, table spaces, tables, indices and views.
- Resolves application problems.
- Serves as a liaison between users and CDB vendors to report and resolve problems
10% Assists in deploying necessary upgrades to development, test, and production instances:
- Writes, maintains, and documents scripts needed in support of applications following standards.
- Develops and maintains documents of procedures and standards for effective software use.
- Provides end-user training and support of CDB software and systems.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.