at Rose International Inc. in Chicago, IL, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/25/2023
Hiring Organization: Rose International
Position Number: 450812
Job Title: Application Support
Job Location: Chicago, IL, USA, 60603
Employment Type: Temporary
Estimated Duration (In Weeks): 40
Skills/Attributes: Application Support, DevOps, Java, SQL
Request ID : 102898-1
Start/End Dates: 5+ Months
Tax Work Location: Chicago Il 60603
Work hours: 8:30am - 5pm CST (M-F)
Job Title: Production Support
C&IS Digital Support organization is looking for support Consultant who can work under general supervision (but works independently). They will be responsible for day-to-day production support for multiple tier 0 (most critical) external client applications. Examples are Institutional Passport, Treasury Passport and multiple client and business partner report applications. The Support organization is responsible for 24x7 production support across globe (APAC, EMEA and North America) for various applications within Asset Servicing unit at Northern Trust Company.
Digital Application Support has responsibility for the technical support of multiple applications with critical deadlines. This role will support our clients and partners and will liaise with upstream and downstream application teams. The ideal candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of technology in a financial institution. Some night/weekend may be required from time to time. Candidate should be available Monday – Friday with individual schedules based on coverage rotation/duties.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 7+ years of experience in a technical business facing (face to face) role within a financial institution or similar preferred.
• Extensive Knowledge of Java, PCF, Web Services (Rest and SOAP)
• Extensive Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
• Extensive Knowledge of Unix/Linux Commands and scripting
• Experience with Solace, MQ
• Experience with Dynatrace
• Experience in XP and DevOps technical practices
• Experience in automation using scripting languages like shell, python etc. is preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with a solid technical background are essential as is the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate can explain technical issues in layman’s terms and translate business needs to technology teams and back.
• Team player will be working as part of a global support team, cross training and supporting multiple critical Asset management front office applications.
• Experience in incident management, understanding of ticket workflows and use of escalation. Experience with ServiceNow is beneficial.
• Problem resolution in an analytical and logical manner, to troubleshoot root cause and resolve production incidents.
• Works closely with other technology teams such as Development, Infrastructure and vended software support teams.
• Individuals who embrace AGILE principles and practices
Nice to Haves:
• Dynatrace experience
• Experience in SCRUM and KANBAN framework
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Candidate will be responsible to provide L1/L2/L3 support in issue monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution.
Candidate should have good troubleshooting and analysis skills and able to understand application workflow to provide support to production streams.
• Candidate should be able to work with Business partners to analyze and resolve their queries and ensure compliance to all controlled processes according to business and IT requirement.
• Develop and maintain professional relationship with all stakeholders within IT and Business teams and provide support.
• Monitor and attend to all alerts and escalate production issues as needed to relevant teams and management.
• Coordinate with various teams including offshore support staff and raise support ticket for all issues, analyze root cause and assist in efficient resolution of all production processes.
• Candidate will be responsible to attend on-call after office hours including weekend to support High and Critical production issue.
• Actively contribute to the supportability of the applications as well as continuous service improvement projects.
• Develop understanding of NT’s systems and products utilizing reference materials and support procedures.
• Present IT in a professional manner, exhibit customer service values in line with NT’s A Approach.
• Adherence to corporate standards at all times.
For information and details on employment benefits offered with this position, please visit here. Should you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secure website.
California Pay Equity:
For information and details on pay equity laws in California, please visit the State of California Department of Industrial Relations' website here.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need assistance in completing this application, or during any phase of the application, interview, hiring, or employment process, whether due to a disability or otherwise, please contact our HR Department.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.).