at Wight & Company in Darien, Illinois, United States
Wight & Company is a leading Architectural, Engineering and Construction firm!
Wight brings together experts from different disciplines to work collaboratively as a single unit. We continue to pioneer new ways to meld our world-class capabilities and sustainable design principles to create exceptional, enduring spaces for our clients. We value honesty and integrity – with each other, with our trade partners and with our clients. Our firm places emphasis on teamwork – listening, contributing, guiding, and learning.
Wight has one of the most robust Summer Intern programs in the industry! Transportation interns have numerous opportunities to network with both professionals and interns from all the various departments at Wight. The relationships forged during an internship can last the duration of a career!
- Perform roadway design calculations under the direction of supervising engineers
- Assist in preparation of plans and cost estimates
- Organize and perform site investigations
- Investigate traffic patterns and problems
- Assist in presenting to clients
- Oversee, inspect, and monitor contractor's operations under the direction of supervising engineers
- Review, interpret, and correct errors in plans and calculations
- Maintain and organize construction records
- Attend team and client meetings in house and on-site for construction projects
- Develop and maintain strong client relations
- Current student pursuing Bachelor's/Master's in Civil Engineering
- Interest in Transportation & Infrastructure
- Strong communications skills
- Good organization and computer skills
- Past design and/or delivery work experience a plus
- Openness to learn and have fun
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.