at Wight & Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Wight & Company is a leading Architectural, Engineering and Construction firm!
Wight brings together experts from different disciplines to work collaboratively as a single unit. We continue to pioneer new ways to meld our world-class capabilities and sustainable design principles to create exceptional, enduring spaces for our clients. We value honesty and integrity – with each other, with our trade partners and with our clients. Our firm places emphasis on teamwork – listening, contributing, guiding, and learning.
Wight is currently looking for a summer intern to work in our Construction Management group. Wight interns have opportunities to work with the construction team on projects and to also collaborate with Wight’s architects and engineers.
Wight has one of the most robust Summer Intern programs in the industry! Construction interns have numerous opportunities to network with both construction management professionals and interns from all the various departments at Wight. The relationships forged during an internship can last the duration of a career!
- Work with Superintendents and tradesmen to participate in on-site building in a managerial manner
- Work with Project Managers in preparing project estimates, schedules, contracts and other project-specific managerial tasks
- Attend team and client meetings in-house and on-site for construction projects, representing Wight & Company
- Develop and maintain strong client relations
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Adequate transportation to report to assigned job site
- Basic understanding of construction materials and methods
- Good organization and computer skills
- Openness to learn and have fun
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.