at Wight & Company in Darien, Illinois, United States
Wight & Company is a leading Architectural, Engineering and Construction firm!
Wight brings together experts from different disciplines to work collaboratively as a single unit. We continue to pioneer new ways to meld our world-class capabilities and sustainable design principles to create exceptional, enduring spaces for our clients. We value honesty and integrity – with each other, with our trade partners and with our clients. Our firm places emphasis on teamwork – listening, contributing, guiding, and learning.
Wight is currently looking for summer interns to work in our Structural Engineering group. Wight engineering interns have opportunities to work with the engineering teams on projects and to also collaborate with Wight’s architects and construction managers.
Wight has one of the most robust Summer Intern programs in the industry! Engineering interns have numerous opportunities to network with both Engineers and interns from all the various departments at Wight. The relationships forged during an internship can last the duration of a career!
- Work with Junior and Senior Engineers to develop creative solutions to challenges in the design processes
- Expand upon existing technical and computer skills to aide with day-to-day activities
- Attend team and client meetings in-house and on-site
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external client relations
- Provide meaningful contributions to project advancement and completion
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (must be entering senior year in the summer of 2023)
- Strong communication skills
- Good organization and computer skills
- Revit building information modelling experience preferred
- Openness to learn and have fun
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.