at LANGAN ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES INC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.Job Summary
Langan is seeking a Traffic/Transportation Intern or Co-op to join its collaborative team in Chicago, IL. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with Traffic/Transportation project work. In this role, you will have the opportunity to get exposure to: transportation impact studies, parking studies, traffic event management for large stadiums, transportation master planning, traffic signal design, and Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) plans & designs. Assignments may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, preparation of figures & other graphics, data collection, and assistance to the Site/Civil group as needed.Job Responsibilities
- Perform traffic observation;
- Prepare technical reports, calculations, design plans and specifications for traffic/transportation projects such as transportation impact studies, highway occupancy permits, traffic signals, traffic and pedestrian circulation, and transportation master plans;
- Observe construction; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering / Transportation Planning;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Familiarity with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and/or SoftDesk civil software are a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.