at Byline Bank in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionThe Legal Counsel – Commercial Lending is responsible for supporting the Bank’s commercial lending business units. Provides legal support in structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including credit agreements, letters of credit, security agreements, note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, and other ancillary corporate documents) and delivering such documents in an efficient matter. Support Byline’s Lending Teams in developing strategies to address the needs of their customers. Responsibilities will also include legal support for related transactional matters such as bankruptcy, workouts and restructuring, and, on a limited basis, litigation.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Serves as in-house legal resource for bank’s commercial lending and special assets business units.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and revises a variety of complex commercial lending transactions and related documentation, and documentation pertaining to treasury and securities transactions.
- Supports internal departments in the development or modification of transactions related to Commercial Banking and other areas as needed.
- Ensures conformity with regulations and compliance directives and policies (i.e. Bank Secrecy,Knowyour Customer, OFAC) and offers assistance with other Bank Regulatory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of emerging legislation affecting Banking operations, interprets applicability to existing policies and procedures and communicate accordingly.
- Represents Bank in coordinating decedent matters, certain litigation and legal process matters.
- Works with outside counsel on various matters as needed.
- Provides general transactional legal counsel, review and/or draft vendor/IT contracts, cash management products, non-disclosure agreements, and operations/treasury support.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Licensed lawyer with at least 5 years of experience in commercial finance either at a law firm or at a financial institution
- J.D. required; graduate from an accredited law school; legal license in Illinois
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong team-work skills and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Extensive research and analytical skills.
- Up-to-date understanding of legal issues affecting commercial lenders and borrowers.
- Knowledge of finance law issues including UCC.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $147,000 to $200,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Byline Bank is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Byline Bank are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Byline Bank will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, during any part of the application process, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request at email@example.com by contacting 773.475.2900.