at Byline Bank in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionThe Relationship Officer for the Payment Services solution will be responsible for product strategy, development, commercializing and the P&L of selected payments services which Byline will deliver to prospective clients across the United States. In addition, the Relationship Officer will need to assure the product and proposition is built for purpose, keep up to date with market and regulatory items impacting the products and assure day-to-day items and services are managed. The role includes close collaboration with internal teams such as Treasury Management, Operations, Service, Technology, Risk and Compliance, in order to grow the existing proposition and expanding future capabilities. This position will report into the Commercial Banking line of business.
• Business management and promotion including end-to-end understanding of how the payments products work, how they are used by clients and a deep understanding of the external markets
• Deliver business results with both skill and the applicable sense of urgency
• Identify process improvement opportunities and define a plan to implement efficiencies
• Anticipate internal and external factors impacting the business across existing footprint and implement plans to mitigate risks
• Assess current portfolio and identify opportunities to tweak business flows to grow Byline’s wallet share from existing client base in addition to growing the portfolio incrementally
• Drive our strategy, pipeline and the market. Expand the proposition where applicable with new functions and locations
• Create an inclusive environment by partnering with Byline’s Treasury Management teams
• Work closely with Operations, Technology and Implementation teams to identify, develop and implement electronic solutions and product improvements
• Structure and present reporting and updates to senior management
• Understand the risks inherent to the product and what is required to reduce risk, including identifying potential regulatory issues in a timely and suitable manner
• RM will be responsible for developing the white paper/ business plan and executing the strategy around it
• Product focus will be on treasury management and deposit gathering; secondary focus on credit
• There will be an additional focus on working closely with our Compliance and Credit personnel
• Attendance in annual national conferences and joining relevant associations will be required
• Job will require travel
• Solicit potential business from his/her existing industry prospects and COI’s. Capitalize on existing reputation within the industry and promote Byline’s newly created Payment Processing vertical.
• Actively participate in industry’s trade shows and networking events.
You will be able to demonstrate proven product management and development experience within the Commercial Bank and Treasury Management
• You will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking, with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution while partnering with senior stakeholders across the Bank.
• You will be able to proactively demonstrate thought expertise and examples of product growth and value proposition, preferably in Treasury Management/Commercial Banking
• You will be able to give examples of presentation and influencing skills both with clients and internal partnerships
• You will have experience of prior collaboration with various lines of business, such as Operations and Technology to define and deliver new product offerings
• You will evidence solving problems creatively and be capable of developing innovative solutions for evolving issues
• You will have superior presentation and communication skills and can promote products and ideas to a senior audience in a clear and concise way
• You will work in concert with Byline’s marketing team to develop marketing collateral and media content to promote the products and brand to prospective clients and the industry as a whole.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $118,200 to $201,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Byline Bank is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Byline Bank are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Byline Bank will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, during any part of the application process, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request at firstname.lastname@example.org by contacting 773.475.2900.