at Byline Bank in Evanston, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionWe are seeking an experienced Business Development Officer in Wealth Management to join Byline’s Wealth Management team. The Business Development Officer should have experience as a trusted professional serving the needs of high net-worth individuals, families and not-for-profit companies and have the business development and service acumen to grow the investment management and personal trust business within our Wealth Management division. The ideal candidate will be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment while maintaining a sales and client-centered focus.
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Minimum of three years of experience working with high net worth clients,with an established track record of building and maintaining client relationships in a financial sales position
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM designation strongly preferred
- Graduate degree or professional designation (JD, ChFC, CFA, or CPA) is a plus
- Considerable knowledge in financial planning, including but not limited to goals-based planning, asset allocation, retirement planning, and education funding
- Strong relationship management, sales and new business development skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented attitude and approach necessary with the ability to collaborate effectively in-person or within a virtual environment
- Serving as the relationship management point of contact for 100+ clients
- Strong track record of achievement and meeting/exceeding business development targets
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver high-touch customized investment and wealth planning solutions to clients and prospective clients
- Communicating Wealth Management’s value proposition and seeking referrals from existing clients as well as internal and external referral sources
- Providing advice on investment management, cash flows, estate planning and retirement strategies; assisting with creation and updating of wealth plans and following-up regarding implementation of the advice given
- Ability to effectively present investment and wealth planning strategies to clients and maintain a holistic approach to planning with current technology either virtually or in-person
- Proactively communicate with clients, team members, referral sources and business partners
- Assist in preparation of client informational communications
- Participation in department leadership meetings and committees as well as either contribution to or leading special projects, as requested
- Proficient with various computer software programs including the ability to use recommended desktop planning tools and processes, financial accounting software
- Engaging in professional development and maintaining professional licenses, as appropriate
ADA or Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to read small print
- Normal office environment with a moderate noise level
- Required language(s): English
Working with Us:
As the largest community bank in Chicago with assets under $10 billion, we’re big enough to get you results, while small enough to know you by name.
When we acquired Evanston-based First Bank & Trust, we not only grew but added some of the most talented commercial and investment professionals in the industry.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with our Wealth Management team. Come talk to us and discover for yourself!
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $100,900 to $157,800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Byline Bank is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Byline Bank are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Byline Bank will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, during any part of the application process, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request at email@example.com by contacting 773.475.2900.