at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities
30% Under general direction, serves as the Personal Information Management (PIM) Engineering Supervisor for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
- Provides direction, support and project leadership to the PIM Engineering staff.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the engaged in the analysis, design, development and implementation of the various PIM solutions and applications.
- Manages utilization of modern technology in the management and development of existing and new solutions including Enterprise email applications such as Microsoft veO365, Mobile Device Management (MDM), including Apple iPhone, iPads, MAC, and Android devices.
- Researches new technologies, products, and versions to keep PIM solutions at a highly technical level to remain current with industry standards and technologies.
- Collaborates with the PIM Operations Unit to assist with planning, organizing, and controlling activities of the section.
- Interacts and collaborates with the DoIT teams.
- Utilizes Electronically Stored Information (ESI) including data storage, archiving, data retrieval, and ESI request fulfillment (FOIA, investigative, etc.) in performance of duties.
- Manages and supports an enterprise ‘fax to email’ system and list server mass emailing systems.
20% Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and standards for the PIM related solutions:
- Manages and implements the business continuity and disaster recovery plans for PIM related services.
- Collects, organizes, creates, and maintains the monthly PIM metric documentation used for business services billing and for agency service level reporting.
- Establishes other related documentation for the PIM solutions.
20% Creates, submits, evaluates, and oversees the completion of PIM related procurements, which include request for proposals and information for proposals:
- Collaborates with other DoIT procurement, legal, and fiscal teams to accomplish the procurements.
- Maintains and renews the annual maintenance contracts for the PIM related solutions.
- Procures PIM related hardware and software.
- Collaborates with and maintains vendor relationships to include development, procurement and implementation of goods and services.
15% Serves as working supervisor:
- Assigns and reviews work.
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff.
- Counsels staff regarding work performance.
- Reassigns staff to meet day to day operating needs.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives.
- Approves time off.
- Prepares and signs performance evaluations.
10% Communicates and collaborates with the DoIT teams to accomplish the vision, goals, and objectives of the agency and the team:
- Communicates, collaborates, and corresponds with DoIT managed agency IT staff and CIO’s.
- Communicates, establishes relationships, and conducts technical information meetings with vendors to ensure the agency is receiving quality support, products, and solutions.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.