at The Arc of the Quad Cities Area in Rock Island, Illinois, United States
CALLING ALL STUDENTS!! The Arc of the Quad Cities Area is looking for a Human Resources Intern! Get your internship credits while being part of something HUGE!
The Arc of the Quad Cities Area's mission is to empower people with disabilities to believe in their own unique abilities and achieve their full potential by providing quality, innovative services that focus on advocacy, independence, employment, meaningful community life and personal happiness.
- Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc. "To empower people with disabilities to believe in their own unique abilities and achieve their full potential by providing quality, innovative services that focus on advocacy, independence, employment, meaningful community life and personal happiness."
- Schedule, conduct, and track pre-screens of potential applicants on phone or in person.
- Participate in interviews with HR Specialist as needed.
- Complete reference checks of new applicants as needed.
- Complete Illinois and Iowa state background checks.
- Write and send out denial letters to applicants not selected for employment.
- Assists with New Hire Orientation and preparation.
- Assists with wage sheets for new hires and current employees with wage changes.
- Input employee data for new benefit (medical and dental insurance) enrollees.
- Provide front office coverage in absence of receptionist.
- Work with HR Director to complete varied HR reports.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews with separated employees.
- Practice good body mechanics/ergonomics in the performance of work duties.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to individuals, personnel, and administrative information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
"We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status."
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.