at CTG in Joliet, Illinois, United States
Software Engineer II
Sep 25, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aSoftware Engineer IIopening for our client.
Duration: 6 months
Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and highly technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application designer for major modifications effectively using analytical and technical skills and available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. May complete day-to-day support activities and special projects. Often directs and monitors the activities of less experienced personnel.
The position works under supervision of the Technology Team Lead. The job holder is competent to work independently on all high-level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on a project basis for small to large scope efforts and may lead project activities. The job holder monitors staff performance on assigned projects relative to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients, and vendors. The job holder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called on to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
• Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design, and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent functional understanding of the supported application(s).
• Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks on small to large scope projects.
• Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
• Participate with other Development, operations, and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
• Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
• Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
• Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
• Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
• Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
• Recommend new technology, policies, or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
• Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
• Maintain a good understanding of the business being supported and its functions, processes, operations, and strategic direction.
• May assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
• Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the company brand.
• Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
• Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
• Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong lateral thinking skills.
• Experience coordinating between Applications and business units.
• Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions.
• Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates.
• Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework.
• Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported.
• Advanced understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
• Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects.
• Advanced knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU).
Minimum of an Associates degree and 5 years systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years systems analysis/application development experience.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group are required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactRebecca Olan at 716-887-7371 or Rebecca.Olan@ctg.com. Kindly forward this to any other interested parties. Thank you!
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex,