at Byline Bank in Evanston, Illinois, United States
Objective of Position:
The Jr. Universal Banker is responsible for assisting the Universal Bankers (UBs) and conducting cash vault transactions in an accurate and timely manner. This role provides sales and servicing of all bank products and services. The Jr. Universal Banker will work with the other universal bankers, operations and sales team to achieve deposit, business, and consumer relationship growth while providing operational support and exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers and direct incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Accurately processes transactions and new account openings in a timely and professional manner.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve processes that will improve the customer’s experience and communicate those ideas to Branch Management.
- Assesses and handles retail customers’ banking needs and obtain and process customer/account information, including cash handling.
- Assists with opens and services accounts and identifies cross-selling opportunities for new and existing customers.
- Assists UBs with calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business by promoting our bank’s services and products, with the goal of expanding relationships and bank profitability.
- Displays exceptional customer service and sales skills and maintains a professional attitude.
- Maintains accuracy and compliance in all account documentation.
- Minimizes risk of losses, including cash differences and other controllable losses.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Federal and State laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Processes teller transactions in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers, check cashing, negotiable purchasing, etc.).
- Processes and validates accuracy of coin and currency amounts related to incoming and outgoing cash shipments.
- The incumbent also maintains current knowledge of competitor products, services, and current promotions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Some work experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience as a teller or personal banker is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with a strong desire to learn, exercise good leadership skills, independent judgment, discretionary thinking, creativity and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Working knowledge of banking regulatory requirements.
- Knowledgeable about a wide variety of retail bank products and administrative support
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and clear manner with internal & external stakeholders.
- Makes sound judgments regarding customer service and risk to the bank, effectively balancing both. Understands when to escalate a problem or situation to management for resolution.
- Continue to look for ways in which to complete tasks and duties in an efficient, cost-effective, and productive manner, without sacrificing excellent customer service.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices.
Byline Bank offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this position is $40,200.00 to $47,400.00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Byline Bank offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Byline Bank, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.