at Alvarez & Marsal Consumer & Retail Group, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Senior Director, Consumer and Retail Group
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Consumer and Retail Group (CRG) team. With more than 8,000 professionals based in 75 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M's Consumer and Retail Group (CRG), with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving public and private equity owned companies to help improve operating results, drive large-scale transformations and assist during M&A/carve-out activities. We bring a structured and disciplined approach to create and capture value. Our professionals within CRG promote the development of deep functional skills to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
CRG engagements range from holistic cross-functional transformations, functional performance improvement, interim management and M&A assistance with a clear focus on quickly identifying high impact opportunities for EBITDA expansion and drive shareholder/company value.
The Consumer & Retail practice is experiencing high growth. We offer an opportunity for a well-established management consultant or industry operator with subject matter expertise to make an impact in building a business alongside leadership with career advancement.
The ideal background for this position is one that possesses a combination of functional expertise in consumer and/or retail sectors, with exposure to management consulting with significant experience in following areas:
- Hands on experience through consulting projects or engagement in several of the following areas
- Merchandising & Category Management
- Sales & Marketing effectiveness, processes, incentives
- Distribution & Logistics, Network Modeling
- Manufacturing and Contract Manufacturing
- Direct & Indirect Procurement
- SG&A cost reduction
- M&A: Divestitures /Carve-Outs and Integration
- Information Technology and Digital Improvements
- Working with team members through a time-sensitive project by structuring a work plan and managing the process through to completion
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, opinions, or facts. Superior analytical skills highly preferred
- Developing findings and making strategic recommendations
- Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team and work-stream's management)
- Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Client relationship building
- 10+ years of related consulting experience in a professional services firm environment preferred or corporate positions with a financial and operational focus
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Must possess strong technical acumen and be comfortable working with complex data
- Experienced with leading and managing complex work streams and projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity