at Alvarez & Marsal Consumer & Retail Group, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Alvarez & Marsal | Consumer and Retail Group (CRG) | Management Consulting
A&M Consumer & Retail Group | Manager
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services.
Established only three years ago , the Consumer & Retail Group is a team of seasoned consultants and former industry operators who have deep experience solving complex problems in the consumer and retail space. We have a true passion for the clients, industries and sectors we serve. CRG operates with an entrepreneurial spirit, inspired by our vision for the practice, as well as the action-oriented culture and backing of a restructuring powerhouse.
Our team is targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. Our lean team structure allows recent graduates an opportunity to become quickly immersed in a meaningful way, putting your academic and career experiences immediately to work.
Through our deep experience in the industry, we have witnessed first-hand the overwhelming disruptions and challenges facing consumer and retail companies today. Our purpose is to translate our experience, innovative thinking and hustle into tangible results for our clients that put them on the right side of this disruption, positioning them for long term success.
Building a legacy for our people is just as important to our team as building a legacy for our clients. CRG's leaders invite you to be a part of molding our practice into something extraordinary. Our people's passion and authenticity make CRG a world-class team.
- Focus on both sides of the material disruption occurring in consumer facing industries
- Serve public and private equity owned companies to improve operating results
- Drive large scale transformations and assist during M&A / carve out activities
- Bring a structured, disciplined approach to create and capture value
- Get things done - results orientation is in our DNA
- Receive training to promote the development of deep functional skills to maximize your ability to tailor solutions to solve business issues
- Focus on engagements ranging from holistic cross-functional transformations, functional performance improvement, interim management and M&A assistance
- Partner with the CRG Team and clients to quickly identify high impact opportunities for EBITDA expansion and drive shareholder/company value
- Serve as an integral part of our project teams, routinely exposed to senior client and firm leadership, helping clients solve complex problems from day one of their first projects
We are Seeking:
- Candidates with creativity, intellectual curiosity and a wide range of passions and background
- Professional expertise in consumer and/or retail sectors (and/or relatable consulting experience)
- Adaptability to new assignments, systems and tools, the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines under pressure and a strong sense of humor
Desired Professional Experience:
Consulting projects or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Consumer or Retail Experience (Management, Finance, Transformation, Corporate Development)
- Merchandising & Category Management
- Sales & Marketing effectiveness, processes, incentives
- Distribution & Logistics, Network Modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity