at Alvarez & Marsal Consumer & Retail Group, LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Alvarez & Marsal | Consumer and Retail Group (CRG)
Position: Summer Consultant
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services.
Alvarez & Marsal's Consumer & Retail Group is experiencing high growth in the next 2-4 years. We are a team of seasoned consultants and world class operators who have a true passion for the clients, industries and sectors we serve. Established almost four years ago, we also have the backing of a restructuring powerhouse and have adopted its culture of entrepreneurship and a bias for action.
Through our deep experience in the industry, we have witnessed first-hand the overwhelming disruptions and challenges facing consumer and retail companies today.
Our purpose is to translate our experience, innovative thinking and hustle into tangible results for our clients that put them on the right side of this disruption, positioning them for long term success.
- Focus on both sides of the material disruption occurring in consumer facing industries
- Serve public and private equity owned companies to improve operating results
- Drive large scale transformations and assist during M&A / carve out activities
- Bring a structured, disciplined approach to create and capture value
- Get things done - results orientation is in our DNA
We are seeking:
- An ideal Summer Consultant background is one that possesses functional expertise and interest in consumer and/or retail sectors ideally with consulting experience (though not necessary
- Candidates with an entrepreneurial edge, creativity, intellectual curiosity and a wide range of passions and backgrounds
- Strong interest or professional experience in consumer and/or retail sectors (and/or relatable consulting experience)
- Adaptability to new assignments, systems and tools, the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines under pressure and a strong sense of humor
- Receive training to promote the development of deep functional skills to maximize your ability to tailor solutions to solve business issues
- Focus on engagements ranging from holistic cross-functional transformations, functional performance improvement, interim management and M&A assistance
- Partner with the CRG Team and clients to quickly identify high impact opportunities for EBITDA expansion and drive shareholder/company value
- Serve as an integral part of our project teams, routinely exposed to senior client and firm leadership, helping clients solve complex problems from day one of their first projects
Desired Professional Experience:
Consulting projects or engagement in one or more of the following areas:
- Retail / Consumer Industry Experience
- Merchandising & Category Management
- Sales & Marketing effectiveness, processes, incentives
- Distribution & Logistics, Network Modeling
- Manufacturing and Contract Manufacturing
- Direct & Indirect Procurement
- SG&A cost reduction
- M&A: Divestitures/Carve-Outs and Integration
- Information Technology and Digital Improvements
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to partner with team members through time-sensitive projects, structuring a work plan and managing processes to completion
- Superior analytical...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity