at CTG in Joliet, Illinois, United States
Sep 27, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aSoftware Engineeropening for our client.
Duration: 3 months
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build back-end services that support our portfolio of data-centric clinical and analytic applications. These applications leverage cloud computing, big data, mobile, data science, data warehousing, machine learning using state of the art software development applications and frameworks. Our Software Engineers ensures that these cloud-based micro-services adhere to uptime and accuracy targets, are resilient, and scale as data volumes and traffic increase. They work closely with the data engineering, platform, and solutions teams to develop applications as required to benefit our practice and patients. Works closely with the Product Owners, Product Managers, Architects to translate requirements into code. Developing services around data warehousing, big data, cloud computing, business intelligence, analytics, and machine learning. Participate in DevOps, Agile, continuous development, and integration frameworks. Programming in high-level languages such as Go, Python, Java etc. Work on deployment automation/configuration management with tools including but not limited to ADO, Puppet, Chef or Ansible or Azure Pipelines, CloudFormation, Terraform following a DevOps model. Ensure all appropriate documentation of processes and source code is created and maintained. Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization. Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data, and system investigation. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
The work at hand is support and enhancement of an existing system used by our Occupational Health and Recovery Claims Services groups. This is a web application written in C# (.Net framework, v4.8) and uses a SQL Server back end. There is one portion of the system deployed to an on-prem server and a second, externally exposed, section that is deployed to Microsoft Azure. While the system is deployed to Azure, little cloud knowledge is required as the build/deployment pipeline is already in place.
We have a team of business analysts that we work with that provide requirements for new feature requests. We also have a backlog of technology upgrades (updating old programs written in Java 6 to .Net). We’re looking for someone that can assist with those activities.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud-based services.
• Experience with Google and Azure cloud environments.
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products.
• Experience with building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience developing software for healthcare related industries.
• Have working knowledge and experience of Software Engineering with a minimum of internships and a minimum of 1 yr. of experience, or 2yrs of experience coding applications or services in a high-level language (C, C++, Golang, Java, C# etc.).
• Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
• Possesses strong technical aptitude for designing and implementing software solutions.
• Experience with modern application development frameworks.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
• Experience with Agile software development techniques.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group are required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. Kindly forward this to any other interested parties. Thank you!
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Programming & Application Development
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No