at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30% Under immediate supervision, serves as a Junior Developer, assisting in providing professional information technology application services assignments of a limited nature for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
- Assists in the enhancement, maintenance and support of API integrations development.
- Assists in performing modifications to existing program code.
- Utilizes software tools and object-oriented languages in the diagnostic testing of various software components.
- Assists in conducting assigned project functions utilizing various API development software.
- Assists in testing and debugging modified programs ensuring all logic paths are tested and pre-determined results are verified.
- Gains knowledge of and Implements system development life cycle (SDLC) processes in performance of duties.
25% Receives increasingly difficult applications assignments including assisting experienced analysts with integrating APIs into existing systems and applications, ensuring smooth communication and data exchange between different platforms:
- Assists is the development, maintenance and support of existing application development software and web sites, designing, coding, graphics creation, populating web pages with content, converting documents, testing and promoting to production, as well as installation, maintenance and support of webpages, spreadsheets, and hyperlinks.
15% Assists in fact-finding and analysis to resolve problems relating to user procedures/training and software malfunctions:
- Assists in researching, evaluating and testing software applications to support recommendations.
- Identifies software problems and reports problems to higher level developers.
- Assists in implementing required fixes to correct problems defined during problem resolution.
15% Assists in the configuration, testing, installation, documentation:
- Gains knowledge of testing methodologies and tools that ensure the reliability and accuracy of API integrations, including unit tests, integration tests and load testing.
- Assists in maintaining system documentation and user instructions, including revisions and corrections.
- Assists in creating documentation for the APIs, including details on endpoints, request/response formats and authentication mechanisms.
10% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.