at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
35% Under immediate supervision, serves as a Junior Developer for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT):
- Assists in performing professional application services functions of a limited scope.
- Assists in the enhancement, maintenance and support of assigned application development software.
- Assists in performing modifications to existing program code by following written specifications, written narrative and/or verbal direction and by using the accepted software tools used in the programming environment using object-oriented languages and diagnostic testing of various software components.
- Participates on various projects assisting with project functions including using various development software.
- Assists in performing, testing and debugging of modified programs ensuring all logic paths are tested and pre-determined results are verified.
25% Receives increasingly difficult applications assignments including assisting higher-level analysts in performing development, maintenance and support of existing application development software and web sites:
- Assists in designing, coding, graphics creation, populating web pages, converting documents, testing and promoting to production.
- Assists with installation, maintenance and support of webpages, spreadsheets, and hyperlinks.
20% Assists in fact-finding and analysis to resolve problems relating to user procedures/training and software malfunctions:
- Researches, evaluates and tests software applications to support recommendations and gain knowledge.
- Identifies software problems and reports problems to higher level developers.
- Implements required fixes to correct problems defined during problem resolution.
10% Assists in the configuration, testing, installation, documentation, and by maintaining system documentation and user instructions, including revisions and corrections:
- Prepares and maintains written documentation for assigned tasks.
- Works outside of normal hours to meet deadlines.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.