at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
30% Under administrative direction, serves as the Integration & Database Manager for the IL Department of Innovation and Technology:
- Manages database application development and API integrations development platforms for the Department.
- Plans, organizes and directs the analysis, design, programming, implementation, and support of Integration and Database teams.
- Manages and monitors the technical investigation and research of all functions and phases of database development including analysis and design, testing of different technical approaches to solve complex problems, and the re-designing of existing databases and business processes, both internally and externally.
- Provides technical guidance, troubleshoots complex issues and monitors staff to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Develops goals and objectives for each team.
- Establishes and implements operational policies and procedures.
- Applies database analysis methodologies in the development and preparation of general design, detail design, and specifications documentation.
- Manages, monitors and guides a database team that utilizes IMS, DB2, MS SQL, Oracle, DB2 for Servers, Microsoft API and APIM in performance of duties.
- Utilizes integration tools such as API design, data mapping, ETL processes and middleware platforms.
- Implements methods, procedures and techniques of optimizing database conversions and enhancements.
- Implements system development life cycle (SDLC) processes in performance of duties.
25% Manages complex projects regarding database technical services:
- Conducts project management tasks, including request review, project documentation, project planning, assigning work tasks, monitoring complex and time-sensitive schedules, tracking testing reviews and planning and coordinating all training for staff.
- Monitors database performance, capacity management, and optimization activities.
- Develops status and production reports for management.
- Prepares and make presentations to large and small audiences.
- Utilizes tools such as Microsoft
20% Serves as a working supervisor:
- Assigns and reviews work.
- Approves time off.
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff.
- Counsels staff regarding work performance.
- Prepares, completes and signs performance evaluations.
- Reassigns staff to meet day-to-day operating needs.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives.
10% Serves as key contact between Enterprise Application Services support systems and the users of databases assigned to area of responsibility:
- Advises and consults with user areas to address and resolve database support issues and to establish schedules.
5% Evaluates technical advances for database and integrations development platforms, determines suitability for implementation, and recommends their acquisition to the administrator.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.