at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
40% Under administrative direction, serves as the Solution Architect providing a full range of information technology services for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the Capital Development Board (CDB):
- Independently completes difficult and specialized analysis, programming and testing in accordance with Agency and industry accepted development standards and best practices including Agile methodologies.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, enhances, and tests average to complex web applications, forms, and websites.
- Conducts and coordinates in depth technical research, feasibility studies, usability, and systems analysis to create web applications and forms.
- Researches existing systems, documents/diagrams process flow, user requirements, technical specifications, and data diagrams to analyze system specification and performance.
- Develops application code to enhance existing systems and to develop new systems and applications based on the Agency needs.
- Prepares and facilitates unit and user test cycles and test data.
25% Serves as project leader providing development leadership, guidance, and training to staff:
- Assists supervisor in projected use of resources and priority management.
- Recommends and implements process improvements, standards, controls, processes, procedures, and techniques to improve supported applications and Information Systems services.
15% Confers and consults with Agency users to interpret, analyze, and document their needs and Requirements:
- Designs and develops revisions and/or improvements to existing applications or development of new web applications.
- Creates and presents user instructions, reports, work aids and procedures.
10% Serves as support for scheduled maintenance to assigned websites and web applications:
- Provides technical support for scheduled maintenance to assigned websites and web applications.
- Schedules web processes, reviews, and monitors processed jobs, services, and responds to abnormal status or errors.
- Assists Network engineers in installing, maintaining, and monitoring development software.
- Provides periodic status reports to management.
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the Information Technology (IT) field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars, and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on IT products, vendors, techniques, and procedures.
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.