at Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology in Springfield, Illinois, United States
40% Under administrative direction, serves as an Application Developer performing complex professional and advisory functions for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) supporting the Department of Insurance (DoI):
- Conducts and coordinates complex web application development to meet the needs of the DoIT’s mission
- Provides a full range of information technology (IT) services necessary for the development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex websites and web applications
- Analyzes cloud-based systems and troubleshoots existing cloud or 3rd party integrations.
- Enhances and maintains Salesforce case management system consisting of Apex logic, flows, triggers, and Lightning web components.
- Serves as a team lead of other IT staff to facilitate development activities
- Prepares test scripts and test data for new or modified programs or systems
- Performs user acceptance testing techniques
- Develops new systems and sub-systems of various levels of complexity
- Completes special requests, on-demand reports and scheduled reports
20% Conducts systems analysis, codes applications, and coordinates development efforts with other IT staff:
- Participates in phased implementation planning and scheduling including taking an active role in scrum meetings, Sprint schedules and/or other deployment activities
- Determines and advises on applicable analysis techniques and application development methodologies
- Devises or instructs the development of supporting policies and procedures to ensure adequate system controls and documentation
- Composes complex documents including feasibility studies, technological reviews, system guides, user tutorials and training materials
- Monitors, verifies and ensures project or sub-project is successful and has sponsor sign-off
(Job Responsibilities continued)
20% Conducts advanced maintenance functions on existing Web based systems:
- Supplies complex technical and analytical support to internal and external user base
- Reviews and gathers client requirements by conducting user interviews
- Meets with users on a routine basis to validate if developed product satisfies their needs and maintenance activities are properly prioritized
- Identifies and resolves complex integration and programming logic issues resulting in degradation or non-functioning applications
- Directs and provides technical advice on user requests for the development or revision of application system
- Works outside of normal hours to meet deadlines
10% Researches, analyzes, and recommends new procedures and techniques to improve the supported application systems:
- Ensures the integrity of each system or sub-system during maintenance and/or enhancement activities by adhering to agency approved application development methodologies, standards and best practices including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
5% Keeps abreast of new developments in the background check field:
- Continues education by attending meetings, training sessions, seminars and conferences to increase familiarity with and maintain current on products, vendors, techniques and procedures
- Attends demonstrations and exhibitions related to assigned operations
- Travels when held off-site.
5% Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.