at Health Care Service Corporation in Chicago, Illinois, United States
This position is responsible for constructing forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues. Produces datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. May perform research and assists in analyzing financial and health data, including medical algorithms to determine health care expenditures, medical and economic outcomes, and cost containment strategies. Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Develops advanced analytic models that discover, visualize and communicate data insights to action.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree and 5 years of experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy OR 9 years of experience in health care services, statistical analysis, or insurance industry economics including 1 year experience in data analysis and information reporting relating to healthcare data, including pharmacy
* Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise, with 3-5 years experience in the PBM/Pharmacy/Healthcare industry or related experience.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret large data sets with the ability to interpret and solve complex problems.
* Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
* Takes initiative to solve complex problems; takes an “outside –in” perspective to identify innovative solutions
* Knowledge of various software development processes, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, and development, agile methodologies, and tools and technologies.
* Create and conduct presentations to inform and influence, with the ability to think laterally and creatively.
* Proficient with software used for data mining, statistical analysis, and data visualization (SAS, SQL, R, SPSS, Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, etc.) and Microsoft Excel required; strong understanding of database architecture
* Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
* May lead functional teams or projects
*This role is hybrid in office 3 days a week*
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Even if you don't think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven't even thought of yet.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!
HCSC Employment Statement: HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.