at Covenant Living Communities in Carol StreamCarol Stream, Illinois, United States
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!The purpose of this position is to direct the daily operations and census development of the Assisted Living facility. This involves coordination of admissions and discharges, as well as
communication with the AL Clinical Coordinator and Healthcare Administrator to ensure resident care and services meet the established criteria of the program statement. This position manages
the assisted living staff. This position is further responsible for the activity programming for the facility as well as the dementia care programming. This position will also input all data into the Vision electronic record for the admission, transfer and discharge process.
This position respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors and co-workers, and maintains a positive customer service relationship practicing honesty and integrity in all aspects of job performance. In performance of duties, the Director of Assisted Living is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
1. Understands the AL Program statement for the facility and HFA regulations.
2. Responsible to interview, hire, orient, train, schedule, monitor, evaluate, discipline and terminate AL staff in consultation with the healthcare administrator and human resources director.
3. Support, develop and establish annual goals and workflow for the AL Clinical Manager.
4. Coordinates new resident move-ins and orientation.
5. Supports the admission process through tours and follow up calls to inquiries.
6. Coordinates the completion of the LifeConnect Mini-Profile by the AL Clinical Coordinator to establish service level pricing. Communicates options for residents accurately.
7. Plans, directs and facilitates marketing events for the Assisted Living facility.
8. Conducts outside sales calls to generate inquiries.
9. Monitors budget compliance and financial outcomes including, but not limited to, labor expense, operational expenses and accounts receivable resolution.
10. Responsible for payroll oversight and related approvals.
11. Assures the facility/model rooms are tour ready in Assisted Living
12. Plans, directs and facilities activity programming, including dementia care for the Assisted Living facility based on current best practices and resident preferences.
13. Supervises the production and content of the monthly AL newsletter. The newsletter may report new staff members and managers, activity schedules, community events, and birthdays
of residents, for example.
14. Organizes trips/outings and arranges arranging transportation and obtaining qualified volunteers.
15. Provides residents the opportunity to attend religious services of their preference. Arranges for various religious groups and representatives to come into the facility to lead worship for the
residents, or coordinates for residents to leave the facility to attend worship with family, friends or religious personnel.
16. Assists in the selection of volunteers for the AL facility and training them on how to interact with the residents appropriately. Supervises the volunteers once they begin working with the
17. Tracks activity participation and monitors resident/family satisfaction through documentation and customer service surveys.
18. Assure the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices, and by knowing and following fire, safety and disaster procedures
19. Directs all concerns, complaints and concerns to the AL Clinical Coordinator. Refers family members to appropriate channels as necessary.
20. Assures the privacy and confidentiality is protected at all times and the resident is given the right to participate in activity participation, including the right.
21. Participates in ongoing inservice education, including training all campus staff on dementia care.
22. Serves as member of various Management Committees as assigned/ requested.
23. Risk management and safety compliance including occurrence reporting, investigation and root cause analysis
This position requires a college degree with education in the area of gerontology, dementia care, recreation therapy or the equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge and experience in assisted living or long term care preferred.
This position further requires at least two years experience in assisted living or geriatric activity programming; at least one year of marketing... For full info follow application link.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.