at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Senor HR Specialist is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This role is responsible for acting as an advisor to leaders and staff, will be an advocate for employees and will be responsible for supporting assigned client group The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Senior HR Specialist maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Partner with the business in all people matters and gain a deep understanding of the business.
- Consult with senior leaders to drive change, improve organizational effectiveness, identify areas of development and implement people strategies
- Proactively address employee relations issues with leaders and provide guidance on how to handle, ensuring consistency in approach and mitigating risk for the firm
- Partner with leaders on the performance management process to Identify trends; initiate and drive plans to resolve complex issues in the areas of training, compensation, staffing, and employee relations to ensure fairness and legal compliance.
- Leverage tools to provide metrics and reporting to the practice that will help drive people decisions such as recruiting metrics, engagement metrics, turnover metrics
- Collaborate with global HR team members across regions
- People Development - help leaders identify gaps in skills for team members, and work with leaders to create a plan to address
- Respond to employee issues/concerns regarding policies, staffing, and disciplinary actions, and provide feedback to functional managers to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Partner with learning and development in the business and corporate to ensure that programs are addressing needs
- Work with Talent Acquisition resources, internally and in the business to ensure that candidate experience is good and that there is a thorough and consistent process
- Lead the coordination of all onboarding and off boarding of employees to ensure consistency, partnering with the national point person for the practice
- Leverage the A&M global technology platforms and other tools to maintain employee data for both regulatory, proposal, recruitment and reporting purposes.
- Bachelor's degree with a 3-4 years of HR experience
- Consultative approach when partnering with the practice
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solver with the ability to think critically and independently
- Self-motivated and disciplined individual with analytical skills; capability to work independently as well as in team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Workday experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity