at Starbucks Coffee Company in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Now Baking – porter (dishwasher), Princi Kitchen
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that celebrates coffee, its rich tradition, and a feeling of connection.?Continuing our quest in 2016, we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi has become a beloved culinary experience. Our kitchen team will continue to bring to life the Princi brand by creating handcrafted foods such as pastries, cakes, fresh soups, salads and focaccia-style pizza as well as artisanal baked breads.
A porter (dishwasher) contributes to Starbucks success by maintaining Princi Kitchen facilities daily. The kitchen porter helps to keep the kitchen running smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic. This role ensures cooking equipment such as pots and pans are cleaned quickly and ready for chefs and cooks to use.
As a porter, the candidate will:
· Collect and wash pots, pans, plates and cutlery
· Get pots, pans, small wares and cutlery back into use as quickly as possible
· Wash and disinfect kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
· Ensure kitchen equipment is properly stored
· Collect and remove waste from the kitchen
· Break down boxes and operate a compacter
· Ensure thorough cleaning of entire facility and equipment as needed
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by leaders
Summary of Experience
· Experienced in using heavy duty dishwashing equipment – 1 year
· Commercial Kitchen Experience – 1 year
· Current local health and safety certifications
· Ability to build strong relationships and engage across differing cultures and societies
· Excellent communication skills and fluent English required. Additional languages are beneficial.
We are proud to invest in you and offer these special incentives to eligible partners (employees):
· Comprehensive health coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
· Arizona State University College Achievement Plan: FULL tuition reimbursement towards bachelor’s degree
· Highly competitive 401(k) program with company match at 5%
· Stock equity reward program (annual grants)
· Health savings & health and wellness programs
· Paid vacation and sick leave
Join us on this special journey!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.