at MSA Professional Services in Champaign, Illinois, United States
MSA has an opportunity for a Graduate Engineer - Public Works for our Champaign, IL office location. You will have the opportunity to see, and contribute in, projects from start to finish. The various projects you'll be working on make a significant and positive impact on the communities you serve. The Graduate Engineer supports the engineering team by assisting with projects.
The work you will do
- Inspect active construction work on municipal water, road/utilities, or wastewater projects
- Perform construction administration duties such as documenting activities, communicating to project managers regarding status and progress of construction, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City Staff.
- Construction staking and site surveys
- Assist with CAD work and project estimations
- Provide assistance with company initiatives that may involve different service lines
- Preparation of plans for streets, sewers, and utilities using Civil3D software
- Preparation of details, specifications, and bidding documents
- Preparation of regulatory permits for projects
- Preparation of technical reports for projects
- Complete project administration for municipal projects including attending client meetings
- Ability to get training and mentoring on project management and client liaison duties
- Other duties as assigned
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account