at Horner & Shifrin, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Structural Building Project Manager located in our O’Fallon, MO, O’Fallon, IL, Chicago, IL, NW Arkansas, Poplar Bluff, MO, Marion, IL or St. Louis, MO office. This position requires 10+ years of experience.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Recognize and initiate business development opportunities for structure projects (not including transportation related structures)
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates in accordance with company and client standards
- Perform and check structural engineering calculations of structures using company, client, and industry standards
- Participate in the preparation and checking of structural construction drawings created by teammates to meet firm and client requirements.
- Responsible for the completion of projects to meet client requirements
- Monitor project schedules and budgets; develop strategies to complete projects on schedule and within negotiated design budgets
- Coordinate projects with other business units as required
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Illinois, Missouri, or Arkansas
- Licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois (preferred)
- Experience with structural design and detailing of water or wastewater plant structures or similar structures (firm requirement)
- Ability to lead, manage and schedule staff located within other offices to meet project needs
- Ability to traverse structural sites, including heights and rough terrain
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects of various complexity simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license
- Must complete a background check
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Master of Science in Civil Engineering (preferred)
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Why come work for us? Horner & Shifrin has been recognized by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch as a Top Workplace from 2017-2023. We are 100% employee-owned and offer a wide variety of benefits such as flexible schedules, casual dress, company-sponsored activities, domestic partner benefits, paid parental leave, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To learn more about us, please check out our website at www.hornershifrin.com
Applicants interested in applying to Horner & Shifrin, Inc. are required to complete our online application, which can be found by visiting www.hornershifrin.com/careers. Visits and phone calls will not be accepted. Contact our Human Resources Department at employment@hornershifrincom for any recruiting inquiries.
Horner & Shifrin is a Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 314-531-4321 for assistance