at Epstein in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Epstein is an established and well-respected 100+ year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international locations in Poland and Romania. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
Epstein is seeking a licensed Chief Mechanical Engineer to lead our mechanical engineering team. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years progressive commercial and industrial experience in mechanical design within a consulting engineering firm and proven success as a leader on large projects. All candidates must understand the project management process from inception through completion. We are looking for a strong technical leader with financial project management experience including scheduling, contract control, budget and cost control. The capability to coordinate with other building design disciplines is important. We require supervisory experience with groups of 5 or more technical staff. The company is looking for the right person to manage our well-qualified team, interact with clients, and work as one with the rest of the management team at Epstein.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10-15 years of successful project engineering experience within a consulting engineering firm
- Registered Professional Engineer required
- Expertise in engineering systems and related design principles
- Awareness of other disciplines and the interrelationship of the various elements of design
- Strong analytical skills; knowledge of analysis methods
- Understanding of cost estimating techniques
- Knowledge of construction and equipment installation methods, practices and techniques
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills
- Considerable experience in dealing with clients, contractors and vendors
- Knowledge of the building codes and ASHRAE Design Guidelines is a must
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and discipline specific software packages
- Experience with REVIT and AutoCAD
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To learn more about Epstein, please go to our website www.epsteinglobal.com.