at International Paper in Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
The Job You Will Perform:
- Direct supervisor to an assigned shift of hourly employees. Responsible for supervision, direction, and leadership in safety, quality, productivity, and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production, and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance to work efficiently and effectively while ensuring a safe work environment and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, supervisors, plant management, office personnel, customers, and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality, and other programs and initiatives within the organization.