at ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reporting to the Supervisor, provides a variety of clerical support functions for department staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the department receptionist.
- Works the department switchboard and answers main telephone lines.
- Routes calls to appropriate staff in the department and agency and provides answers to questions ranging from routine to somewhat more difficult.
- Greets visitors to the department.
- Receives, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming mail.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Assembles and distributes the weekly department itinerary.
- Types letters, memoranda, and other correspondence to assist staff in the department.
- Provides clerical assistance with processing documents, filing, and maintaining files.
- Performs various data entry projects to support department needs.
- Assists with special projects and mass mailings by assembling, labeling, and collating.
- Serves as back-up timekeeper for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.