at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
Electronic Distribution Sales Manager
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Electronic Distribution Sales Manager will perform a variety of Sales duties to ensure a smooth department operation.
Specifically, the Electronic Distribution Sales Manager will:
- Work with the distributors, manufacturer’s rep’ organizations and customers (existing and potential) within the designated territory (United States and Canada) to increase business with existing customers and new customers and new products.
- Ensure the distributors Sales organization are providing an effective field sales force and monitor their performance on a regular and formal basis.
- Track and report customer returns in technology, competition, pricing, and market direction to the Director of Sales.
- Take responsibility for terminating Distributors, as well as, hiring new Distributors.
- Provide product training to the Distributors on a regular basis, supporting trade shows and other promotional activity as needed.
- Assist in creation of collateral material and sales tools for the distribution market.
- Provide input from distributors to OTTO Sales and Engineering teams for new product development.
- Responsible for the attainment of direct booking goals and distributor sales and goals for the region.
- Takes ownership of strategy development, including pricing recommendation, for all strategic accounts within the region and secures concurrence of agreed upon strategy from the Director of Sales and Regional Sales Manager.
- Secures performance of Distribution in achievement of bookings plan for all products, forecast accuracy, and achievement of strategic customer penetration plans.
- Manages all facets of distribution and the implementation of distributor promotions.
- Manage Distribution Co-op Program activities.
- Monitors top accounts and major opportunities within the region and provides assistance where needed to maintain and/or capture new business.
- Log major opportunities in CRM.
- Develops and maintain effective communication with manufacturer’s representatives, distributors and customers.
- Participate in the Material Review Board (MRB) – including developing and processing Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) and performing part analysis as directed by the MRB committee.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.