at Monument Real Estate Services in Mount Prospect, Illinois, United States
We are a multifamily management company with a history of caring for our residents, our employees, and our communities dating back for a decade. We only manage our own properties and that focus, and passion creates the family-like environment we are proud of.
Monument Real Estate Services’ Values: Cultivate the Community, Embody Leadership, Prosper in all Endeavors
Job: Apartment Porter
Job description: The apartment porter is responsible for the care and maintenance of our multifamily apartment communities including the interior units, exterior entrances, common areas, grounds, and amenity areas.
The apartment Porter has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Paints stairwells
- Complete small sidewalk and pool deck repairs
- Power-washes buildings and parking lots
- Performs door-to-door trash pick-up (if applicable)
- Keeps grounds free of trash
- Cleans pools and/or pool area – maintain the proper level of chemicals/daily chemical logs maintained
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area
- Waters landscaping as needed
- Replace light bulbs and globes in outside lighting fixtures
- Install and maintain fences and gates. Complete unit trash outs of vacant apartments. Assist in inventory control and upkeep of all grounds, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist with any emergency maintenance. Assist with any snow or debris removal. Clean hallways or breezeways, mailbox areas, corridors, stairways, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, laundry rooms, clubhouses, offices, and any other common or amenity areas.
- Maintain working relationships with other members of staff and vendors. Clean all models. Check show units daily and freshen units. Assist in the curb appeal of grounds.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and follow OSHA guidelines.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Other duties as determined and required by the Community Manager.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of any activities or functions sponsored by Management
- Assist Maintenance team with seasonal snow/ice removal and treatment from sidewalks/entrances
- Other duties as determined and required by the Community Manager or Service Manager
The apartment porter shall have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance; maintain a professional attitude and work habits in dealing with the staff, vendors, and the public
- Housekeeper experience is preferred but not required
- Must have pride in their job performance
- Must be able a self-starter and be able to perform the job with little supervision
- Must be outgoing and people-oriented and able to execute directions given by management
- Must be dependable and organized to complete the cleaning schedule
- High school education or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to lifting, carrying climbing, stepping, kneeling, working outdoors, overtime
Monument will provide the following compensation:
- $15.38 - $16.35 per hour (based on education and experience)
- 20% rental discount
- Health and Wellness benefits
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company match
- Insurance benefits including life insurance and disability insurance
- Paid holidays and paid personal time off (PTO)
- Professional Development Assistance Program