at Charles River Laboratories in Roanoke, Illinois, United States
Associate Product Owner, Identity & Customer Experience
Req ID #: 216161
USBoston, MA, US, 02116Parma, IT, 43122Cleveland, OH, US, 44128Wilmington, MA, US, 01887Rockville, MD, US, 20850Houston, TX, US, 77047Charleston, SC, US, 29407Baltimore, MD, US, 21224Raleigh, NC, US, 27610Roanoke, IL, US, 61561
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
An advocate for Agile mindsets, behaviors and processes, Associate Product Owner Role is an essential member of multiple cross-functional teams within the Digital Journey and across Digital Operations. The primary goal of an Associate Product Owner is to represent the internal and external customers to the development team while working closely with the lead Product Owner to deliver on the set goals and targets. A key activity is to lead both innovations supporting the Agile team and future product development that impacts the customer experience within and outside of CRL. The Associate Product Owner oversees these related projects, directs key information and strategic decision making for the subspecialty, and communicates to those in the organization necessary for managing the product backlog, or the prioritized list of requirements for future product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• A leader in the team for Identity and Customer Experience
• Take the lead of scrum teams as the Associate Product Owner
• Serve as the voice of the internal and external customer for activities and interactions between first customer touch and throughout the customer lifecycle
• Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
• Plan, manage and prioritize the product backlog items and development for the product based on customer desirability, value to the business, data availability/quality, technical feasibility, risks and dependencies
• Define and refine product vision, goals, epics and features
• Work with the lead Product Owner to establish and communicate short and long term road-map, growth opportunities and the overall strategy and vision supporting identity and customer experience.
• Identify opportunities for business integration in the application and effectively accelerate the customer journey
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize epics, features and stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Drive increment and sprint planning with clearly defined goals that are aligned with user/business needs and are aligned with the Product strategy
• Work closely with Product Management and platform leads to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value, goals, or ROI
• Effectively report on the ROI of features
• Lead the planning product release plans, set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities, and ensure all supporting teams and users are informed
• Provide an active role in mitigating impediments realizing successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
• Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
• Work with internal and external customers to identify and analyze their needs, identify challenges, or pain points, help them mitigate risk and accelerate their workflows
• Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end internal and external customer journey and needs across the CRL portfolio
• Represent team in front of stakeholders, clients, or users.
• Follow our competitors and the industry.
• Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in biological science, computer science or related field.
• Experience: 5 years’ experience in various IT disciplines. Experience with Identity and User Management required. Understanding and experience in LEAN/Six Sigma, Business Optimization and/or agile methodologies and frameworks. Proficiency in coaching and mentoring. Experience with (organizational) change management. Experience with enterprise technologies. Demonstrated knowledge and experience building, consuming, and supporting APIs.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
• Certification/Licensure: None
• Other: Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical and process-driven decisions and practices. Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team’s potential. Visible passion for subject area, participation in domain activities and groups, ability to organize related events. Openness to new ideas and desire to develop them together. Self-awareness of cognitive biases and potential impact on decision making. Focused on building high performing teams, developing team members, and delivering outcomes that matter to the organization
The pay range for this position is $110,000 – $120,000 USD. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within