at Utilities International, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, United States
As a Cloud Engineer, you will contribute to our growing cloud engineering practice in addition to supporting our network and server infrastructure on-prem. You will leverage industry best practices to deploy secure cloud solutions, oversee compliance processes, and work closely with our customers to meet their integration and authentication objectives.
We offer high compensation to experienced engineers who like working in a collaborative, customer-focused environment. Work is primarily remote at present. Relocation to Chicago not required. Total compensation is $125,000 - $165,000+ DOE. US Citizen or Permanent Work Authorization (Green Card) required.
The list below contains specific tasks that will be required as a Cloud Engineer. Additional tasks may be required beyond this list, but these tasks will be required consistently.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of secure cloud solutions in support of rapid & secure development principles.
• Troubleshoot operational issues on-prem and in the cloud.
• Oversee risk analysis, vulnerability scanning, certificate management, password policy, security monitoring, coordination of remediations, and other daily security and compliance efforts.
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for our clients on proper design, configuration, and implementation of technical infrastructure both on-prem and in the cloud.
• Work with clients directly during pre-sale, design, and post-sale.
• Deploy automation of security controls to support and enhance our secure software development lifecycle.
• Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
• Design and implement automated testing for all aspects of the development environment.
• Ensure all systems security operations, maintenance activities, and related business processes are properly documented and updated as necessary.
• Perform regular testing and updating of our disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Maintain relevancy with commercial and open source DevSecOps solutions, processes, and architectures.
• Develop forecasts, roadmaps and plans to enable our SaaS offering to keep pace with industry offerings and trends.
• Track evidence generation to ensure security compliance credentials are achieved and retained.
• Participate in development and testing of in-house applications and associated cloud infrastructure.
• At least five (5) years of experience with network and cloud engineering and performing DevOps activities in a professional capacity.
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• Expertise with common DevOps related tools.
• Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Strong knowledge and day-to-day experience with Terraform or similar Infrastructure-as-Code.
• Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
• Ability to tackle multiple workstreams simultaneously in a high pace environment.
• Ability to work independently and drive results.
• Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team.
• Excellent client-facing written and oral communications.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience developing cloud-based architectures and deploying on cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
• Experience with automation, monitoring and log analysis tools to manage operations.
• Familiarity with Linux system administration.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages (Java, Python).
• Experience with data serialization languages (XML, YAML, JSON).
• Relevant work experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL).
• Data integration experience and knowledge of relevant best practices.
• Technical expertise with authentication and authorization processes (SAML/OAuth/OpenID Connect) and identity providers (Azure AD, LDAP).
• Good leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity