at Office of the Auditor General in Springfield, Illinois, United States
The Auditor IV:
1. Leads a team of auditors in gathering information pertinent to audits being conducted by the Office.
2. Bears responsibility for assigning, directing, and evaluating daily work of assigned staff.
3. Plans or assists in planning audit scope, objectives, budget, tests to be performed and procedures necessary to conduct the audit.
4. Prepares workpapers as a team member when necessary.
5. Reviews workpapers (including any necessary computer programming) prepared by assigned auditors for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with audit standards.
6. Directs assigned staff by monitoring daily work progress, consulting with team members on problem areas and suggesting improvements to the work of staff members by providing timely, concrete feedback.
7. Provides on-the-job training to assigned audit staff.
8. Drafts audit reports and/or segments of audit reports. Prepares audit findings.