at Office of the Auditor General in Springfield, Illinois, United States
The Auditor V:
1. Schedules, directs, coordinates and reviews work of Office audit staff and/or reviews and monitors work on audits by independent contractors to ensure compliance with contract provisions and prescribed audit guidelines and standards.
2. Negotiates contracts with independent vendors for financial/compliance audits, for highly technical segments of management/program audits, or for information systems audits.
3. Plans audit scope, objectives, budget, tests to be performed and procedures necessary to conduct one or more audits being performed by staff of the Office.
4. Prepares concise, readable digests of audit report findings, conclusions, and recommendations for each assigned audit and reports audit results in compliance with Office rules and regulations.
5. Conducts entrance and exit conferences and meetings with agency representatives during an audit.
6. Provides information, explanations, and interpretations of audit reports to members of the General Assembly, legislative staff, and other audit report users.
7. Provides assistance to the Division Director concerning quality review, personnel matters, and other administrative activities.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of current auditing techniques, professional auditing standards, changes in Illinois government, and State fiscal practices.
9. May serve as Coordinator of the Quality Assurance program.
10. Performs other assigned or required duties.