at Anvil International in Romeoville, Illinois, United States
ASC Engineered Solutions
AREA OF INTEREST: Operations & Supply Chain
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
Job Title: Materials Control Manager II
About the Company
Following the 2019 merger of Anvil International and Smith-Cooper International, our unified company relaunched in March 2021 as ASC Engineered Solutions. Under a single name and logo, ASC Engineered Solutions continues our focus on improving the customer experience every day and striving to deliver service excellence. For more than 150 years we have provided the finest-quality pipe products and services with integrity and dedication to superior customer service at all levels. ASC Engineered Solutions provides expertise and product solutions for a wide range of applications, from plumbing and mechanical, HVAC, industrial and fire protection to mining, and oil and gas. Our comprehensive line of products includes: pipe couplings, plain-end fittings, valves, cast and malleable iron fittings, forged steel fittings, steel pipe nipples and couplings, pipe hangers and hardware, channel and strut fittings, mining and oil field fittings, and much more.
T he Inventory Control Manager is responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the inventory in assigned distribution centers (DCs). To achieve this objective, you will own the following activities in your assigned DCs and local branches: 1) cycle count oversight and troubleshooting, Physical Inventory Management where applicable 2) inventory optimization via redistribution, 3) customer return inventory evaluation, 4) special request management, 5) continuous improvement activities. This role will evolve and expand as the organization continues to grow and as the network footprint and inventory stocking methodology evolve with it. The successful candidate has the desire and ability to grow and work through network changes.
What You Will Do:
- Inventory accuracy
- Cycle Count Supervision - oversee daily execution, report on progress, implement corrective actions for discrepancies.
- Support physical inventory counts in local branches, ASC-ES Manufacturer Representative Stocking Warehouses.
- Review and resolve "zero picks" discrepancies between the system inventory and the physical inventory found at time of order picking.
- Support receiving teams in resolving discrepancies.
- Inventory optimization
- Review stocked-out items for opportunities to redistribute inventory to resolve the stock-out.
- Review excess inventory for opportunities to reduce or eliminate excess via inventory redistribution.
- Manage excess and idle scrapping programs.
- Customer return evaluation
- Evaluate proposed returns for reasonableness, avoiding returns that create excess.
- Evaluate returned product for acceptableness (e.g., saleable condition)
- Special requests
- Manage inventory inspections as directed by the Engineering and Quality teams for quality issues
- Assist Sales with inventory issues resolution (e.g., identifying alternative ways to fill urgent backorders)
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status