at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
Senior Research and Development Engineer
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Senior Research and Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing innovative products, including prototype layout of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) and creating software to run our electro-mechanically designed products. The Senior R&D Engineer will be hands-on and enjoy creating concepts prior to handing them off to Engineering for final development.
Specifically, the Senior Research and Development Engineer will:
- Design and develop new products from concept to prototype stage, including component selection and layout of PCBAs.
- Create software to run electro-mechanically designed products.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure product design meets customer needs and is ready for production.
- Conduct research and development activities to identify new technologies, processes, and materials that can be used to enhance existing products or create new products.
- Visit customers and work with suppliers to understand future market needs and determine optimal solutions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards.