at OTTO Engineering, Inc. in Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
DOD Program Manager
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
As Federal and Military technology continues to get more complex, engagement at the higher echelons of DOD programs is necessary to continue consistent growth. To meet and exceed those expectations, a strategic and technical support manager is required. The DOD Program Manager will provide an exceptionally high level of support in both sales and technical guidance to the Department of Defense on behalf of OTTO Engineering.
The DOD Program Manager is an experienced sales professional with product experience who not only understands the products but also thoroughly understands the Department of Defense customers and the environments in which they operate. The Manager is a member of the Defense Strategies Group with the responsibility to achieve business sales goals. Armed with a high level of knowledge regarding OTTO Engineering radio accessories, the Manager will respond to and support customers, prospect for new opportunities, support the development and response to all high level RFI’s, RFP’s and S&T development opportunities by providing solutions to customers. The combination of these efforts will differentiate OTTO from the competition and set the highest standards in the two-way radio accessories market.
Specifically, the DOD Program Manager will:
- Increases OTTO’s visibility and sales with key contacts for US Government Program Offices and other supporting accounts through regular visits, phone contacts, e-mail, trade shows and other channels
- Develops and drives closure of sales opportunities for assigned accounts
- Communicates effectively with customers to educate them on OTTO products, keeps them up to date with the latest OTTO Products in support of building OTTO’s business and brand within the DOD Market
- Achieves and/or exceeds booking and sales goals for the assigned accounts
- Collaborate with internal team members regularly to identify new opportunities, align requirements, and map out paths for execution
- Helping structure and grow program development, managing a strong sales pipeline and generating reports, quotes, identifying optimal funding vehicle
- Serves as the primary contact for customer‐focused requests, pre-sales and post-sales support, and provides the first level of technical support to customers
- Delivers regular feedback to engineering and sales teams to enhance existing products and assist in future development projects
- Takes ownership for account success and presents growth strategy to Sales Manager and the Director of Sales
- Support customer requests for information, requests for quotes and justifications using technical and operational relevant materials to fulfill capability gaps and product needs
- Define requirements and business cases for new product opportunities including features, benefits, specifications, cost targets, and forecasts
- Secure commitment for the execution of new product initiatives and/or line extensions
- Plans travel around regular strategic customer visits, shows and industry events to maintain and ensure OTTO brand is at the forefront of customer minds when communication accessories are needed
- Collaborate with Marketing to plan and attend trade shows and drive customer meetings during these events
- Manage CRM and other business systems for Federal accounts and activities
- Actively log sales opportunities, customer visits and reporting on all sales activity
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned