at PepsiCo Corp in Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Procurement Director - Growth and Optimization role is a new role within Quaker Foods North America. This team is being set up to bring focus and collaborative thinking to enhance the procurement category teams. The position will require leadership and close partnership with multiple functions including R&D, Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain. This team impacts products across eating occasions with brands such as QUAKER ® INSTANT OATMEAL, Cap’n Crunch® Original, and CHEETOS® Mac 'n Cheese. Joining Quaker will enable you to experience the breadth and depth of PepsiCo’s global portfolio and build a deep understanding of the business, industry, and planet.
The role of the Procurement Director is to:
* Stand up Quaker Procurement Innovation/Sustainability/Productivity strategy linking in with overall Quaker and PEP+ goals.
* Provide thought leadership to procurement leadership and business partners, including executive committees, and other operating leaders on a broad range of business-critical topics.
* Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses.
* Provide leadership against innovation, sustainability (2030+ goals in packaging, ingredients, supplier emissions) and productivity agendas across QFNA.
* Deliver long term strategy and management oversight of ingredients/materials into co-manufacturing locations including productivity roadmap and pricing arrangement strategy.
* Deliver long term aspirational productivity outlook and partner with cross functional teams to delivery YOY productivity agendas and develop metrics for full procurement business benefits.
* Responsible to enable delivery of centrally led procurement productivity, digitization, other initiatives within QFNA.
* Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to gain credibility with Sr Leadership while challenging the status quo.
* Own “Executive-ready” project deliverables.
* This role has accountabilities for several key programs including Innovation delivery, PEP+ journey, long term growth aspirations in productivity, sustainability, co-manufacturing and overall leadership within the procurement organization to deliver the procurement agenda in support of $3B+ business within PepsiCo.
This role will interact across the organization and partner with supply chain, innovation, finance, sales, marketing and other functions to drive engagement and execute against program deliverables. This position will also have interactions with external partners and suppliers including executive leadership. This is a leadership role within the Quaker procurement organization and will be responsible for partnering with leads cross functionally across Quaker, Frito-Lay and the broader PepsiCo organization.
* Provide thought leadership to Quaker and procurement leadership and business partners, including the Executive Committee, and other operating leaders on a broad range of business-critical topics
* Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
* Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to gain credibility with Sr Leadership while challenging the status quo
* Own “Executive-ready” project deliverables
* Develop and align growth and optimization agenda within Quaker procurement structure. Lead team to deliver key financial KPIs including but not limited to: productivity, innovation NR, sustainability
* Responsible for new ingredient scouting strategy and setting up a clear partnership with R&D to deliver step change productivity and new ingredient
* Responsible for aligning resourcing against innovation and sustainability agenda including sell in of strategies and breaking down barriers to implement various programs.
* Supporting Quaker overall NR growth targets and innovation launch readiness against
* Support key programs within Quaker BU as needed to deliver growth and optimization
Compensation & Benefits:
* The expected compensation range for this position is between $113,300 - $226,600
* Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
* Bonus based on performance and eligibility target payout is 25% of annual salary paid out annually and an additional target payout of 10% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period.
* Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
* In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
* Bachelor’s Degree (Procurement, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics), Masters Preferred
* 8-10 years of relevant experience category in a global FMCPG company
* Significant project management experience - especially managing multiple high profile projects simultaneously
* Business continuity planning and supplier management experience
* Experience leading innovation programs
* Experience supporting overall P&L management
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop data driven insights and translate analytical findings into action
* Experience managing within a complex matrix organization, development of risk management strategies and leading and executing sourcing strategies
* Ability to build relationships, manage conflict and embrace change
* Proven track record in developing relationships with stakeholders to problem-solve issues
* Ability to navigate and collaborate for success and deal with ambiguity in a complex business unit
* Effective communicator; excellent oral/presentation and written communication
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong problem-solving capability to figure out solutions to complex issues
* Strong leadership skills and drive for results
* Must have the indefinite right to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.