at University Corp for Advanced Internet Development in Springfield, Illinois, United States
Location: AA, Ann Arbor, MI, US
Type: Full Time Regular
Internet2 is a non-profit, member-driven advanced research and higher education technology community. Founded in 1996, Internet2 provides and delivers mission-critical technology services and programs. Internet2's core infrastructure components include the nation's largest and fastest network, cloud and security services that are influenced, customized, and designed to address the unique needs of technology leaders in research and education. Internet2 serves and supports U.S. and international institutions, government agencies, regional and state education networks, leading industry providers, and national research and education network partners across more than 100 countries. Internet2 services and programs support their educational, research and community service mission and enhance how individuals communicate, collaborate, and innovate.
Internet2 is seeking a Systems Administrator, based in Ann Arbor but will be a hybrid position, who will execute responsibilities including: End-User support in the use of Mac OS, MS Windows and productivity applications in a hybrid work environment; technical onboarding of new staff, the offboarding of departing staff; provisioning, installation, configuration, administration, operation and maintenance of IT hardware, software, and related infrastructure; Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and application software are robust, secure, and reliable; specifying, purchasing, receiving, inventorying, and tracking IT assets; provide end user support to staff and other users of IT systems and services, and will participate the 24x7x365 operation of those production systems and services.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production computing systems operations in an IT organization
- Minimum 3 years experience working in computer operations as a systems or network administrator of engineer.
- Knowledge and experience with Mac OS, MS Windows, UNIX, and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols including DNS, DHCP, and , SMTP,.
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS applications and services, including Office 365.
- Experience securing systems and services in a production Internet environment.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorizations protocols including MFA.
- Demonstrated ability to document work plans and procedures.
- Ability to Travel for up to a week multiple times per year.
- Ability to work well in a Team Environment.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible to participate in Internet2's employee benefits program effective on your start date in accordance with the terms and conditions of each plan. The program currently includes medical, dental, life, vision and disability insurances, a health spending account program, sick time, vacation time and a tax deferred retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $47,000-$60,000.
Internet2 is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.