at Transcontinental US LLC in Huntley, Illinois, United States
Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
About this opportunity
TheProduction Supervisoris a member of the plant leadership team and plays a key role in providing management and leadership to deliver business results and operational improvements. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations on 2nd shift. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Supervise 2nd Shift employees in a manufacturing environment to ensure employee and product safety, maintain high quality, and maximize production efficiencies.
- Make decisions to get the optimum use of the equipment and available manpower to ensure better productivity.
- Participate and/or lead project teams related to production objectives.
- Ensure positive and effective employee relations and engagement.
- Provide employees with coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Communicate daily shift performance timely and concisely.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and remove production barriers.
- Create daily production reports and weekly shift summary with action items to address Inefficiencies.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- High school diploma or GED; post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle a dynamic environment, multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Possess strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make fact-based decisions and uses good judgment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Health, dental and vision insurance along with an HSA Plan
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
- A competitive compensation package, 401k plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
- Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Are you someone who shows initiative and isn't afraid to venture into new areas? Do you have a drive to take existing processes to the next level? If so, we are looking for you!
TC Transcontinental Packaging, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental'
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status