at Health Care Service Corporation in Chicago, Illinois, United States
At HCSC, we consider our employees the cornerstone of our business and the foundation to our success. We enable employees to craft their career with curated development plans that set their learning path to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Come join us and be part of a purpose driven company who is invested in your future!
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for managing the implementation, maintenance and critical review and analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions; developing complicated models and teaching others how to develop models; developing written and oral presentations that drive the delivery of information for decision making; and managing day-to day projects that may include non-Actuarial departments. Must also possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of one actuarial area or business segment.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. Other Bachelor (or higher) Degrees may be considered.
* Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA). Compliance with the membership requirements for each professional designation.
* At least 3 years of actuarial experience in the health insurance or related field.
* Verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
* PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Access, SQL, Visual Basic or other programming skills.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Even if you don't think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven't even thought of yet.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at HCSC about our Employee Referral process!
HCSC Employment Statement:
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.