at SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES ILLINOIS in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Why SOS Illinois?
At SOS Illinois we are committed to keeping brothers and sisters in foster care together by providing safe, stable, and loving homes. We do this by offering an innovative approach to traditional foster care. Our model of care provides a private, single-family home, access to a community center, and support from professionally trained Foster Parents and staff. With this, the children we serve benefit from the stability of remaining with their siblings as well as the support of neighboring SOS Illinois Foster Parents and the entire community.
· Work for an impactful organization with a purpose
· Corporate culture that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Hybrid/flexible work options to help balance work and life
· PTO (paid time off in the form of personal days, sick time, vacation days, and paid company holidays
· Employee Referral Bonuses
Employee Well-Being Benefits
· Competitive Healthcare plans through BCBS for you and your dependents (eligible the first of the following month after 30 of FT employment)
· Vision/Dental/Life Insurance offerings
· Flexible PTO
· Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· 403b Retirement Savings Plan (nonprofit version of 401K). Able to contribute immediately upon full-time employment. In addition, the organization will contribute 4% to your savings plan after 12 months of full-time employment regardless if you are contributing.
· Part of the federal student loan forgiveness program
· Access to financial advisors and financial education tools
· Tuition reimbursement options
· Opportunities for further education as well as time to attend trainings/workshops/etc. for personal/professional development
The Administrative Assistant helps with financial, vehicular/transportation, and purchasing functions for the SOS Children’s Villages Illinois (SOS Illinois) for Chicago Village and Roosevelt Square Village foster care programs and services, including on the Villages (Chicago area sites) and the community.
- Assists with monetary transactions to ensure proper internal controls are in place, maintained, and complied with at all times, e.g., petty cash, Due to SOS Illinois collections and monetary donations.
- Assists with processing on-site check requests.
- Works with Foster Parents to effectively and efficiently manage their foster home accounts and finances by providing training and oversight on budgeting, home account administration, computer functionality, and appropriate software.
- Assists with preparing and reviewing reports and submits journal entries to Finance.
- Assists Village Directors of Programs & Services, HR, and Facilities staff in inventory/tracking, collection, and distribution of SOS Illinois property, software, finance, and facility access, e.g., bank account access, cell phones, computer, gas cards, keys, and foster home assets, for new hire Foster Parents or their temporary/permanent departure.
- Acts as primary liaison and facilitator for Foster Parents on issues related to SOS Illinois owned, rented, and/or leased vehicles.
- Maintains vehicle list including current status report for each vehicle, a schedule of regular maintenance (e.g., oil changes tune ups etc.), and monthly inspections. Additionally, monitors fuel cards & usage, and safety equipment for each vehicle.
- Purchases transportation and bus cards as needed (backup).
- Reports and addresses accidents and claims to insurance.
- Ensures the day-to-day operations are running smoothly (support services, supply ordering, etc.) and anticipates/communicates future necessary improvements and furniture/home needs.
- Attends SOS Illinois general and Village staff meetings to communicate achievements, collaborate on challenges and effect solutions. Attends in-service education/training and individual meetings in consultation with the CFO.
- Assists with analyzing and documenting processes and developing solutions that effectively and efficiently leverage SOS Illinois resources.
- Other duties as assigned.