at Chapman and Cutler LLP in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a creative and energized Marketing Assistant to join the dynamic and innovative Marketing Department in our Chicago office. This role is multi-faceted, combining a passion for writing, design, and metrics. The position requires an in-office presence but includes flexibility for some remote work.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Assistant include:
Marketing and Recruiting Materials: Create and update brochures, practice descriptions, attorney profiles, engagement highlights, recruiting messaging, news releases and other marketing/recruiting content. Assist with design and layout consistent with Chapman brand, strategy, and standards.
Thought Leadership Materials: Support production and promotion of Firm thought leadership content (clients alerts, insights pieces, white papers, books, and other print/digital content). Identify and pursue opportunities to republish Chapman content to expand reach and engagement.
Best Practices: Monitor competitor and industry (law and finance) trends and best practices with respect to digital marketing, recruiting, and engagement. Suggest ideas and improvements for Firm materials, tools, and processes.
Website Oversight: Update and maintain website, analyze website metrics, and prepare engagement reports.
Deal Data and League Tables: Prepare deal/matter content and manage submissions of industry publication league table data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field.
- Intern or professional experience as a writer, editor, or related communications role, preferably in professional services.
- Graphic design and layout experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications preferred, working knowledge of HTML and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to compile and distill complex technical concepts and topics into compelling and engaging content.
- High degree of initiative and critical-thinking skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detailed-oriented work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from data, perform fact-checking, and make recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service mindset.
- Dependable team player who can work collaboratively with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside vendors/contacts with integrity and confidentiality.
- Committed to following all Firm policies and information security protocols.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of writing/design. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.