at Chapman and Cutler LLP in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking to hire an Associate to join our Commercial Lending practice group in the Banking and Financial Services Department. The Commercial Lending Associate will work closely with attorneys in the Chicago office, though residence in other Chapman offices is possible. The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of experience representing lenders in commercial lending transactions at a law firm, bank or other finance company.
Specific examples of desired experience and prior or current representations include the following:
- Experience representing lenders in sophisticated commercial finance transactions, specifically leveraged finance and sponsor finance acquisition deals in the core middle market and upper middle market
- Experience serving as first chair in drafting and negotiating credit agreements, grids, SunGard commitment papers, subordination and intercreditor agreements, mezzanine loan agreements, second lien loan agreements, amendments, forbearance agreements, sponsor guarantees and other customary documentation for secured credit facilities
- Experience reviewing acquisition documentation and knowledge of implications for credit agreements
- Experience representing lenders on bilateral deals and broadly syndicated deals
- Knowledge of MSO/PC Entity sponsor financings is a plus, though not a requirement
Strong communication and client relation skills are a must, in addition to the ability to simultaneously handle multiple transactions and move quickly to meet client deadlines. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, analytical and writing skills, superior academic credentials as well as the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Candidates must be members in good standing or eligible to waive into the appropriate state Bar.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based upon the applicant’s qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.