at Randstad US in chicago, Illinois, United States
design engineer iv.
+ chicago , illinois
+ posted 5 days ago
+ $84.28 – $89.28 per hour
+ bachelor degree
+ category computer and mathematical occupations
The UX Designer will design and define engaging digital experiences for frontline employees, transforming unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful employee tools. The ideal candidate has a passion for user centered design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and design methodologies. You will collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists, including UX architects , researchers, visual designers, project managers, business stakeholders, writers and developers to deliver these digital experiences.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $84.28 – 89.28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identify user needs and business requirements
- Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, whiteboard markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through ideation and move to the next stage
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research, analysis, and competitive reviews
- Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, patterns, components and templates across the company’s products, insuring a consistent, appealing, and dynamic customer experience.
- Create low and high fidelity interactive prototypes adhering to a rapid, iterative and collaborative process
- Work with usability researchers to define test plans and iterate designs throughout user testing.
- Translate usability research findings into design improvements.
- Ensure digital touch points become and remain consistent with client user experience and brand standards
- Create final UX deliverables through appropriately detailed specifications including: process flows, wireframes, storyboards, high and low fidelity prototypes.
- Create visual design assets and document visual styling specification for development team
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders to review progress, and incorporate feedback appropriately.
- During implementation you will respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers.
- Work with QA to identify, document, and verify bug fixes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as business partners throughout the design process
- Present design and defend work to stakeholders and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the Web, mobile, and touch devices.
- Experience designing for E-Commerce or transaction based sites and applications.
- Experience building advanced wireframes and prototypes for both web and mobile.
- Experience in writing detailed interaction specifications (IA, work flow, page functionality and layout, etc.).
- A good understanding of front-end web technologies.
- Experience with touch based UI & UX design.
- Knowledge of mobile UI guidelines and patterns for iOS and Android.
- Understanding of accessibility and how it impacts UX.
- strong ability to present and defend your design decisions, and respond quickly to business needs.
- strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
- Must be a self-starter that can create schedules and define scope of work even when there are no clear requirements and direction.
- Highly organized and methodical with excellent time management skills, strong business ethics, and political awareness.
- Online portfolio with a range of interactive samples
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in UX design
- Experience with large cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for large, complex, digital application projects
- Experience designing for multiple devices
- Experience with Axure, Balsamiq, JustinMind, Invision, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and other design tools.
+ Experience level: Experienced
+ Minimum 5 years of experience
+ Education: Bachelors (required)
+ Design Engineer
+ CADEqual Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad’s client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.