at SG360 a Segerdahl company in Wheeling, Illinois, United States
Job Title: Folding Mechanic
Shift: 1st (6am-2pm) & 2nd (2pm-10pm)
For over 65 years, SG360 has not just survived, but thrived, by responding to the changing needs of our diverse client base. What started as a regional commercial printer is today a national, industry-leading provider of direct marketing solutions.
Benefits include paid time off, holiday pay, health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance program, short-term and long-term disability, wellness program, identify theft protection and 401k including employer match.
1. Perform all tasks associated with being a push button operator
2. Ability to read/speak English for reviewing and understanding job ticket and quality control instructions
3. Perform routine setup tasks: setup various feeders, setup/operate product counters, setup/operate glue systems; able to setup basic paper transport path including simple attaching (ex. Simple card non-critical, single plow fold; etc.)
4. Setup glue (hot melt) in lines, elongated dots, and dots perf job ticket
5. Set up multi-feed units to feed carriers and attached components; more standardized simplified formats
6. Set up all feeders on full range from simple to complex carriers and attached components
7. Ability to load/change inkjet files into pre-set formats
8. Interact with pre-set Lake/Camera systems in keeping the line moving along
9. Works with operators, feeders, and catchers to ensure they understand how to properly load/produce/pack product on the machine
10. Able to achieve and where possible exceed target net production rates per job specifications
11. Capable of setting up multi tip, batching, tip on w/holes, etc.
12. Capable of assisting in line configuration based on sample pieces, approved job tickets or setup plan provided
13. Capable of installing inkjet head(s), encoders and any peripherals needed such as dryers, etc.
14. Building inkjet setup and move/place images to correct position
15. Mount and install camera system peripherals on repeat or standard products
16. Load files into Lake or similar systems for read/print, verification, etc.
17. Build inkjet setup and move/place images to correct position
18. Perform all aspects of camera system installation and setup with the ability to escalate to seek appropriate resources internally and externally
19. Ability to make repairs to line equipment when parts are available and in hand.
20. Understanding of equipment and processes
21. Able to train any level setup personnel in new are3as of expertise
22. Conduct preventative maintenance and identity items to repair
23. Be able to start/stop the machine (normal stop and estop)
24. Be able to safely remove a jam from equipment without risk or injury or damage to the equipment
25. Know how to safely power up/down the equipment
26. Know how to identify glue required, and keep the glue tanks properly filled
27. Be effective at communicating requirements with other team members, supervision, and maintenance
28. Ensures all required documentation is completed on the production line for all team members and turned in to the supervisor
29. Responds to QC alerts and concerns with the required measures to satisfy the situation by requesting the right assistance (supervision, setup, or mechanical technician, etc)
30. Alerts supervisor to any condition where excessive downtime is being experienced
31. Leads initiative to keep the area clean and safe throughout the shift
32. Knowledge of all positions on a production line to assist in other's understanding their roles and performing them
33. Basic computer experience
34. Other duties as assigned
COMPETENCIES: Attention to detail, communication, cooperation/teamwork, bilingual English/Spanish - oral/written, Flexibility, Job & technical knowledge, Quality of work, Reliability, Responsible, Trustworthy, Values and ethics
EDUCATION & TRAINING: High school diploma or GED. Safety training as required by OSHA regulations. Application of SG360 policies, procedures and regulations related to customers or operations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be physically capable of working long hours, standing, and/or walking repeatedly throughout the shift. Position requires some mechanical aptitude.
SG360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. SG360 will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please the location for which you are applying and ask to speak with the human resources representative.